Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello Again: Pleased To Meet You

Last night, a friend and I attended The Transport Group's revival of Hello Again staged in a SoHo loft in New York City. I was hungry for a fresh theatre experience that would engage and intrigue me. It did not disappoint.

This revival, inspired by Arthur Schnitzler's controversial 1897 play La Ronde, was written by Michael John LaChuisa and directed by Jack Cummings III. I watched beautiful actors with mostly gorgeous voices portray 20 love-challenged individuals involved in 10 affairs -- one for each decade of the 20th century.

The exceedingly intimate atmosphere, lush score, and libretto oozing with lust and longing made this immersion theatre at its most delicious. Throughout the production, I only blushed twice. I can barely wait to see what LaChiusa and Cummings cook up for their next offering!

No comments:

Post a Comment